We are open for the summer season and excited to see the familiar faces of returning guests and to meet new ones.
The health and safety of our guests, employees, and family is of upmost importance. We’ve been working diligently over the past couple of months to come up with new policies and procedures for the near future and are confident that we can operate the Inn at Tern Lake safely.
For those of you who know Innkeeper Rose Hetrick, you are probably wondering how it’s possible she can make the Inn at Tern Lake any cleaner. We would like to share with you some of the highlights of our new policies to ensure our guests are safe:
- We have replaced our comforters and blankets with quilts so that ALL linens can be washed between guests.
- All touchpoints in rooms will be sanitized between guests.
- All touch points in the Inn’s common areas will be cleaned and sanitized multiple times daily
- Our staff will wear face masks and gloves while cleaning and interacting with guests
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in each room, as well as throughout the common areas of the Inn.
- We have decided to replace our buffet style home-made breakfasts with a homemade to-go breakfast. This way, guests will still be able to enjoy Rose’s famous baked goods and a homemade meal, but it will be served in a safe manner. Guests will have the option to take the breakfast to-go or eat at the Inn at Tern Lake’s dining area on tables that are properly spaced and at their own discretion.
- We will have strict check-in and check-out times to ensure our employees have the time to implement the extra cleaning polices and not feel rushed.
- We will have check-in welcome packets for each new guest with in-depth information on our Covid-19 policies, check-in/check-out procedures, breakfast procedures, and area information.
A huge part of the joy we take in running the Inn is the time spent greeting, getting to know each and every one of our guests, and sharing with them the joy of exploring Alaska. We hope that our new Covid-19 policies will safely balance the personalized experience that we want to provide with reducing and minimizing contact.
We are constantly monitoring the virus and guidelines from our local and federal government agencies and will continue to update our policies.
Jeff & Rose Hetrick